Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 5 Last Day in Lima

Today I went to a smaller town just outside of Lima called Chorrillos. Chorrillos is a wonderful little town right on the ocean, which you can see from other parts of Lima because it has a huge cross that lights up at night on the water. The town was so alive! It seemed like the entire town was one big market, and at every turn, another long street full of fruits, vegetables, meats, and small restaurants. I had a drink made from sugar cane, he cut the cane right in front of me and squeezed out the juice. It was delicious, and apparently pretty healthy! I spent a few hours there and had some great Criolle food for lunch. After returning to the hostel around 4 or 5 pm, I spent most of the rest of the day at the hostel, but went out for a nice past dinner with a chocolate desert! This is the end of my time in Lima. Tomorrow morning I head to the airport for my trip to Cusco. I’ve been on these altitude pills for a couple days now, so here’s hoping I do okay once I am on the ground in Cusco!

No comments:

Post a Comment